Aloo Methi is a dry indian curry with a unique flavor. It combines the medicinal benefits of methi/ fenugreek leaves with the amazing taste of potatoes. Aloo Methi is easy to cook and can be enjoyed along with roti/parathas.
To make Aloo Methi at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
Suggested Recipe Collections :
- Indian Vegetarian Curries | A collection of 21 Indian Gravy Recipes
- Dry Vegetable Recipes | 11 Indian Sabzi Recipes | Sookhi Subzi
- Potato Recipes | 24 Veg Indian Potato Dishes | Aloo Recipes
Category: Main Course
Ingredients For Aloo Methi Recipe
- 1 Bunch (250 gm) Methi/ Fenugreek Leaves
- 3-4 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera/ Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi/ Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Oil for cooking
Step By Step Instructions With Photos for Aloo Methi Recipe
Gather all the ingredients. Wash and rinse the methi leaves and chop them. Dice the potatoes into cubes and chop the green chillis.
Heat oil in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon Jeera/ Cumin seeds and roast them. Then add the diced potatoes and green chillis to the pan. Shallow fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes till they turn golden brown. Then add haldi/ turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder and salt.
Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. The add the chopped methi leaves. Stir for around 3-4 minutes as the methi leaves will start leaving water.
Cover the pan with a lid for 5-10 minutes till the potatoes are soft & cooked and the water from the methi leaves has dried out. Stir occasionally. Aloo Methi Sabzi is ready. Serve it hot with roti and curd.