Aloo Capsicum or Aloo Shimla Mirch is a dry Indian curry made with stir fried Potatoes & Capsicum. It is a very simple dish as it is made with minimal spices or other ingredients.
Aloo Capsicum Curry is the perfect answer to the misconception that Indian recipes are hot and loaded with a lot of spices. There is no onion, garlic or ginger in this dish.
Aloo capsicum Sabzi is a good combination of tasty potatoes and tangy capsicum. It is mainly a North Indian dish, although is has become popular across all regions in India.
It is quick to cook and quite delectable. It can be taken with any kind of Indian bread like Phulkas, Puris or Parathas or enjoyed as a side dish with rice and dal. This is also a good option to pack in kid’s tiffin boxes.
To make Aloo Capsicum at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Aloo Beans – potato & green beans curry
- Aloo gobi – cauliflower & potato curry
- Aloo patta gobi – cabbage potato curry
- Aloo bhindi – okra & potato curry
- Aloo methi – potato & fenugreek leaves curry
- Aloo tamatar – potatoes cooked in a fresh tomato gravy
- Stuffed Capsicum – capsicum stuffed with potatoes
Suggested recipe collections :
- Potato Recipes | 37 Veg Indian Potato Dishes | Aloo Recipes
- Indian Curry Recipes | List of 36 Indian Vegetarian Gravies
- Indian Sabzi Recipes | 20 Dry Vegetables | Sookhi Sabji
Aloo Capsicum Recipe | Stir Fried Potato & Capsicum
Ingredients For Aloo Capsicum Recipe | Stir Fried Potato & Capsicum
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 2 Large Green Capsicum (Bell Pepper / Shimla Mirch)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Aloo Capsicum Recipe | Stir Fried Potato & Capsicum
- Heat some oil in a pan or wok. Add cumin seeds (jeera) when the oil becomes hot. Fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds till they start to splutter.1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera), 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Add diced potatoes to the pan and shallow fry them in oil for a 2-3 minutes.3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- Cover with a lid to cook the potatoes faster and keep stirring in between. Roast them till they start browning slightly.
- Add diced capsicum to the pan and stir.2 Large Green Capsicum (Bell Pepper / Shimla Mirch)
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to the pan and cook for a few minutes till the capsicum becomes soft.1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi), 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Aloo Capsicum is ready. You can garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it along with roti, dal and raita.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.