Aloo Patta Gobi Sabji is an easy North Indian vegetable dish made by stir frying potatoes and cabbage, which is then flavored with Indian Spices.
It is a simple and homely dry dish of cabbage and potato which is usually served with Indian Breads or as a side with plain rice.
Cabbage is a versatile vegetable that can be eaten and prepared in different ways. It can be eaten raw in salads, steamed or stir fried and can also be cooked in combination with other vegetables.
Cabbage is a low-calorie vegetable and is also very low in fat and cholesterol content. It is rich in vitamin C and is also a very good source of manganese, minerals, antioxidants and flavonoids.
Aloo Patta Gobi Sabji is an easy and healthy vegetable dish that can be made in very less time and is routinely cooked for lunch or dinner in most Indian households.
Aloo Patta Gobi is a great option for children’s tiffin and can also be packed along with roti or poori while traveling.
To make Aloo Patta Gobi at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Aloo Gobhi – potato & cauliflower curry
- Aloo Beans – potato & french beans curry
- Aloo Bhindi – potato & okra curry
- Aloo Capsicum – potato capsicum curry
- Aloo Methi – potato & fenugreek leaves curry
- Aloo Gobhi Methi Tuk – fenugreek & potato curry from Sindh region
Suggested recipe collections :
- Potato Recipes | 36 Veg Indian Potato Dishes | Aloo Recipes
- Indian Curry Recipes | List of 30 Indian Vegetarian Gravies
- Indian Sabzi Recipes | 18 Dry Vegetables | Sookhi Sabji
Category: Main Course
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Aloo Patta Gobhi Recipe
- 1 Large Potato
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage (Patta Gobhi)
- 1 Medium Sized Tomato
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- ~1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger (Adrak)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/8th Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
Step By Step Instructions With Photos for Aloo Patta Gobhi Recipe
Heat oil in a pan and add Mustard Seeds (Rai). When the Mustard Seeds start to crackle add Cumin Seeds (Jeera) and Heeng (Asafoetida). Fry for a few seconds.
Add finely chopped Green Chilis and minced Ginger.
Then add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder.
Put the diced potatoes in the pan.
Mix to coat the potatoes with spices and cook for 1 minute.
Add the shredded cabbage to the pan along with some Salt.
Saute on medium-high flame for a few minutes till the cabbage wilts and becomes soft.
Then add chopped tomatoes to the pan.
Cook for 2-3 minutes till the tomatoes become soft. Then add some Garam Masala on top.
Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix everything well.
Aloo Patta Gobhi is ready. Serve it hot with any Indian bread like Roti or Puri.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.