Carrot Pickle or Gajar Ka Achar is a hot and spicy Indian pickle made by marinating carrots in zesty & tangy Indian spices.
Carrot pickle can be served on the side of any Indian meal consisting of roti, paratha or rice. It is generally served any with roti, sabzi combination in Indian meal.
Not only does carrot pickle add an extra spicy zing to the meal, but it also boosts appetite. The spices in the pickle boost your metabolism and help increase digestion.
After mixing the ingredients for the pickle, it needs to be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days to allow the carrots to marinate in the spices. During this period, you need to mix it occasionally, around once a day.
You can refrigerate the pickle after 4-5 days. It can then be stored for 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator.
To make Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar) at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Carrot Pickle Recipe | Gajar Ka Achar Recipe
Ingredients For Carrot Pickle Recipe | Gajar Ka Achar Recipe
- 6-7 Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Rai (Mustard Seeds)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Heeng (Asafoetida)
- 3 Tablespoon Sarson Ka Tel (Mustard Oil)
Step By Step Instructions for Carrot Pickle Recipe | Gajar Ka Achar Recipe
- Wash & peel the carrots and dry them completely. You can use kitchen roll to wipe off any excess water. Cut the carrots into long thick slices, about the size of a finger.6-7 Carrots
- Grind the rai (mustard seeds) in a mortar & pestle. Add it to the mixture.1 Teaspoon Rai (Mustard Seeds)
- Add red chilli powder, salt, amchur (mango powder), haldi (turmeric powder), saunf (fennel seeds) and heeng.1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder), 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric Powder), 1 Teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds), 1/4 Teaspoon Heeng (Asafoetida)
- Then add the mustard oil. If you do not have mustard oil you can add any other cooking oil. Mix all the ingredients well. If the mixture seems dry then add more oil. Transfer the mixture to an airtight glass bottle.3 Tablespoon Sarson Ka Tel (Mustard Oil)
- Store it at room temperature for 3-4 days. Mix it occasionally, around once a day. The carrots would have absorbed the spices by this time. Refrigerate it after 4 days. Gajar Ka Achar is ready.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.