Kurkuri Bhindi or Fried Bhindi is a quick, tasty, spicy and crispy Bhindi (Okra) recipe. The Bhindis (Okra) are lightly coated and marinated in a mixture of Besan (Gram Flour) and Indian spices. These coated Bhindis (Okra) are then deep fried so that they become crispy.
Kurkuri Bhindi is also served in many Indian restaurants and can also be enjoyed as a snack. You can sprinkle some Chaat Masala on top and serve it along with Tomato Ketchup.
Bhindi (Okra) is rich in nutrients that are good for our heart, liver and digestive system. It also has a positive effect on maintaining our blood sugar levels and also improves energy levels.
Kurkuri Bhindi is also low in calories. You can also bake it or make it in Air fryer instead of deep frying which makes it healthier.
To make Kurkuri Bhindi at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Bharwa Bhindi – stuffed masala okra
- Bhindi Ki Sabzi – okra cooked in Indian spices
- Bhindi Masala – okra in onion tomato gravy
- Aloo Bhindi – okra & potato curry
- Bhindi do Pyaza – okra & onion curry
- Tindora Fry – sliced tindora fried with seasonings
Suggested recipe collections :
- Indian Curry Recipes | List of 32 Indian Vegetarian Gravies
- Indian Sabzi Recipes | 20 Dry Vegetables | Sookhi Sabji
Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe | Fried Bhindi | Crispy Okra
Ingredients For Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe | Fried Bhindi | Crispy Okra
- 500 gm Bhindi (Okra)
- 1/2 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- Oil for Frying
Step By Step Instructions for Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe | Fried Bhindi | Crispy Okra
- Rinse the okra (bhindi) with water and dry it completely. Remove the top & bottom ends and slit each okra lengthwise into four thin pieces.500 gm Bhindi (Okra)
- Add turmeric powder (haldi), red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder (dhania), amchur (dry mango powder), chaat masala, salt and heeng (asafoetida).1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi), 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder, 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala, 1 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder), 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- Also add besan (chickpea flour) and rice flour to the Bhindi. The rice flour gives it more crispiness.1/2 Cup Besan (Gram Flour), 2 Tablespoons Rice Flour
- Mix all the ingredients to completely coat the bhindi with besan and all the spices.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the bhindi in batches. Take only a small number of bhindi in each batch and keep adding more oil as needed. Fry the okra till it's crispy.
- Kurkuri Bhindi is ready. You can sprinkle some chaat masala on top if you want. Enjoy it hot either plain, or along with any Indian bread and dal or raita.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.