Mango salsa is a delicious, colorful and refreshing dip made with ripe mangoes, red onions and bell peppers, flavored with jalapeño chili, cilantro and lime juice.
This fresh and tangy salsa is really easy to make and goes very well as a dip along with tortilla chips. This tongue tingling salsa can be used as a side dish or topping for other Mexican dishes like quesadilla, burrito, nachos etc.
The salsa tastes best when made using sweet and juicy mangoes. You can skip adding jalapeño to the salsa to reduce the heat, or if making it for kids.
I love making mango salsa in summers as it serves as an excellent escape from the heat. You can prepare this salsa ahead of time and keep it refrigerated for a couple of days till it is ready to eat.
To make Mango Salsa at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Salsa Verde – tomato jalapeño salsa
- Salsa Roja Asada – roasted red tomato-chilli salsa
- Pico De Galo – fresh onion tomato based salsa
- Guacamole – avocado dip
- Mexican Salad – Mexican style beans & corn salad
Mango Salsa Recipe
Ingredients For Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3 Ripe Mangoes
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 1 Jalapeño Chile
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (Coriander)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or according to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
Step By Step Instructions for Mango Salsa Recipe
- Peel and add diced mangoes into a mixing bowl. Add chopped red onions along with red bell pepper and jalapeños to it.3 Ripe Mangoes, 1/4 Cup Red Onion, 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper (Capsicum), 1 Jalapeño Chile
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on it. Add fresh lime juice for a tangy refreshing taste and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Toss to ensure that ingredients mix well. If the salsa is too spicy or tangy, you can add more more mangoes and little-bit of salt to balance it out.1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1 Teaspoon Salt, or according to taste, 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice, 1/4 Cup Cilantro (Coriander)
- Wait for 10-15 minutes for flavor of different ingredients to blend together. Mango Salsa is now ready to be served. You can serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or use it as a topping for nachos, quesadilla and many other dishes.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.