Methi cheela is a savory Indian pancake made from fenugreek leaves (methi) mixed with gram flour (besan) batter and mild Indian spices.
Cheela is a very popular snack in India. Methi cheela is the simplest form of this variety of snacks. Other variations include paneer besan cheela, stuffed besan cheela, moong dal cheela etc.
Cheela’s are a must have during monsoon season. This spicy, crispy and flavorful dish is a great way to quickly satisfy your snack cravings.
Healthy & delicious!
Besan methi cheela is a protein packed dish and is a good snack choice for diabetics. Addition of fresh fenugreek leaves further adds to its nutritional value and enhances it taste.
It is a healthy snack low in calories which makes it a good choice for breakfast, brunch or an evening snack. This dish is also a great option to pack in kids tiffin boxes.
To make besan methi cheela at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Methi Cheela Recipe | Besan Aur Methi Ka Cheela
* Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for more videos.
Ingredients For Methi Cheela Recipe | Besan Aur Methi Ka Cheela
- 1 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 Cup Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger (Adrak)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Methi Cheela Recipe | Besan Aur Methi Ka Cheela
- Put besan (gram flour) in a large mixing bowl.1 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- Add around 1/4th cup of water and mix to remove all the lumps in the gram flour.
- Add another 1/4th cup of water and make a thin batter.
- Add finely chopped green chillies, minced ginger, garlic, fennel seeds (saunf), red chili powder and salt. Mix the spices well with the batter.1-2 Green Chillies, 1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger (Adrak), 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, 1 Teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds), 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Add finely chopped methi (fenugreek leaves) to the batter.1 Cup Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
- Add more water if needed and make a mixture of flowing consistency.
- Heat a tawa or a skillet and brush it with a few drops of oil. Then pour a large spoonful of batter on the tawa and gently spread it with the back of the spoon or ladle to create a thin pancake like disc. Pour a few drops of oil on the side.
- When the bottom side is cooked, use a spatula to gently flip over the cheela.
- Cook both sides completely and then remove the cheela from the pan. Make all the cheelas this way.
- Methi cheela is ready. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or any chutney.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.