Pico De Gallo, also known as Salsa Fresca is a fresh Mexican salsa made from uncooked chopped tomatoes, onions and jalapeños.
The salsa has a tangy and mildly spicy taste and is seasoned with coriander leaves, lime juice, little garlic, black pepper and salt.
This is one of the easiest salsas to make and is a very refreshing food accompaniment in the summers.
Pico De Gallo is often enjoyed as a dip along with tortilla chips. It can also be added to nachos, tacos or burritos.
You can make the salsa in large batches for parties and it can also be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To make Pico De Gallo at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Salsa Verde – green tomato salsa
- Salsa Roja Asada – red tomato salsa
- Guacamole Dip – avocado dip
- Mango Salsa – mango & bell pepper salsa
Pico De Gallo Recipe | Fresh Tomato Salsa
Ingredients For Pico De Gallo Recipe | Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Sized Onion
- 2 Jalapeños
- 10 Sprigs of Cilantro Leaves (Coriander)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1-2 Teaspoons Salt, or to taste
Step By Step Instructions for Pico De Gallo Recipe | Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Add chopped tomatoes and onions in a mixing bowl.3 Tomatoes, 1 Medium Sized Onion
- Remove the seeds from jalapeños, then chop them and add to the bowl.2 Jalapeños
- Add lime juice, garlic powder, black pepper powder and salt.1 Tablespoon Lime Juice, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1-2 Teaspoons Salt, or to taste
- Remove the stems from the cilantro/coriander leaves and finely chop them to add to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients.10 Sprigs of Cilantro Leaves (Coriander)
- Pico De Gallo is ready. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.