Sesame cookies are made from a Tahini based dough. The cookies are rolled in sesame seeds and make for a delicious & beautiful snack that melts in your mouth.
You can prepare the dough for these cookies in advance and just cut out a few cookies at a time for baking. You can also add toasted pine nuts to these cookies to enhance their flavor.
This recipe was submitted by Ritu Kumari as part of our Eggless Baking Recipe Contest.
To make Sesame Cookies at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Sesame Cookies Recipe | Tahini & Toasted Sesame Seed Icebox Cookies
Ingredients For Sesame Cookies Recipe | Tahini & Toasted Sesame Seed Icebox Cookies
- 1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Tahini
- 2 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Sesame Cookies Recipe | Tahini & Toasted Sesame Seed Icebox Cookies
- In a large bowl beat the butter and powdered sugar till it becomes light and fluffy.1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Add tahini and vanilla extract to this mixture and beat for a couple minutes.1/3 Cup Roasted Tahini, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Separately combine all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour, 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly and blend everything together to make a crumbly dough.
- Make 2 cylindrical logs from the dough around 2-3 inches in thickness.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for around an hour.
- Roll the log in black sesame seeds, gently pressing to coat it.2 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds
- Cut the log into round cookies around 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Place the cookies on a prepared tray lined with parchment paper and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 C or 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Sesame Cookies are ready. Cool them completely on a wire rack before serving.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.