Pineapple fried rice is a healthy dish made by stir frying rice, pineapples and vegetables, resulting in an amazing medley of sweet, savory and tangy flavors.
Pineapple adds a dash of sweetness and color to this dish, which when accompanied by a blend of sautéed onions, dry fruits, fresh garlic and soy sauce makes it a delightful and tangy dish.
It has the perfect crispy texture & smoky flavor!
In order to get restaurant like taste, the rice and vegetables are cooked on high heat, which gives it a slightly crunchy texture and a delicious smoky flavor.
Like all fried rice recipes, this dish preferably calls for a day old refrigerated rice or left over rice from the night before. Freshly cooked rice has significant moisture and thus has tendency to mush together.
Rich in nutrients
Pineapple fried rice apart from tasting great, is an easy way of getting an extra portion of fibre rich fruit into your daily diet. Pineapple is a rich source of vitamin C and other anti oxidants and is low in sodium too.
Apart from that the addition of various vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, beans, peas etc. make it a really healthy dish.
Serve it with a dash of fun!
Pineapple fried rice is a delicious dish which can be made more fun and adventurous to eat by serving it in a pineapple boat!
To make the pineapple boat, you need to slice a ripened pineapple in half and scoop out the insides, which can then be used in the dish. Although this takes a little extra time, the final presentation, looks and outcome completely justify the effort for this delicious and delightful dish.
To make Pineapple Fried Rice at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients For Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
For the curry powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
For making the rice
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1/2 Cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped Bell Peppers (Capsicum / Shimla Mirch)
- 1/2 Cup chopped Carrot
- 3/4 Cup chopped Pineapple
- 8-10 Roasted Cashews
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or as per taste
- 8-10 Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- Heat some oil in a pan or wok. Add finely chopped onion and cook on high heat till the onion turns soft and translucent.
- Add finely chopped garlic and green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and carrots. Cook on high flame till the vegetables are cooked. You can add other veggies of you choice like spring onions, peas, beans, corn kernels etc.
- Add freshly chopped pineapple pieces. Cook for a minute.
- Now add roasted cashews to the pan.
- Let the vegetables cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce along with curry powder. I have added a mixture of red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala, but you can use a store bought curry powder. Also add salt to taste.1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder), 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder), 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Add 2 cups of cooked white rice. You can add a little salt and oil while cooking the rice so that the grains do not stick. It is also better to use rice cooked on the previous day.
- Mix everything well to coat the rice with the spices. Add some chopped Coriander Leaves to the rice and mix.
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice are ready. You can garnish with chopped coriander leaves or parsley leaves as well as freshly chopped pineapple pieces.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
1 thought on “Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe”
Made this and was so yum!! Always got pa to off by recipes that mentioned curry powder. Since you’d given the recipe for spices needed to make curry powder I decided to try this. Very impressed and happy!