Vegetable Slaw is a healthier and colorful variation of the more famous Coleslaw. It is made of fresh, raw & crunchy vegetables tossed in a mayonnaise and vinegar based dressing.
Traditionally Coleslaw is made with shredded Cabbage, which is the most essential ingredient. Apart from that you can add many other vegetables to a healthy salad. I have added red cabbage, carrots, broccoli and onions.
The vegetables are shredded or thinly chopped and combined with a creamy dressing. Vegetable slaw is a delicious salad that is really easy to make. It is a deliciously light and refreshing salad that is also visually appealing.
To make Vegetable Slaw at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Russian Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Spinach Apple Pecan Salad
- Kachumber Salad
- Grated Radish & Tomato Salad
Suggested recipe collections :
Vegetable Slaw Recipe | Broccoli, Carrot & Cabbage Slaw
Ingredients For Vegetable Slaw Recipe | Broccoli, Carrot & Cabbage Slaw
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Golden Raisins (Kishmish)
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Vegetable Slaw Recipe | Broccoli, Carrot & Cabbage Slaw
- Thinly shred or grate white & red cabbage.2 Cups Shredded Cabbage, 1 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- Cut broccoli into small florets.1 Cup Broccoli Florets, cut into small pieces
- Peel and grate the carrots and thinly slice the onions.1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot, 1/4 Cup Onion, thinly sliced
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar and dijon mustard.1/4 Cup Mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoon Vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Also add sugar, crushed black pepper and salt and mix well to make the dressing.1 Teaspoon Sugar, 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Add the shredded vegetables & raisins to the mixing bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Sprinkle some more raisins for garnish and serve at room temperature.1/4 Cup Golden Raisins (Kishmish)
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.