Baked Apples are a low calorie, healthy and super easy recipe. They are made by stuffing apples with oats and dry fruits.
This fruit based dessert has the same flavors as apple pie without the guilt of a fattening crust, clocking in at around 200 calories a piece!
These baked apples tastes very yummy with scoop of ice cream, frozen vanilla yogurt or kulfi. You can serve them as snacks or dessert.
This recipe was submitted by Dhara Shah as part of our Eggless Baking Recipe Contest.
To make Baked Apples at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Baked Apples Recipe | Slow Cooked Baked Apples
Ingredients For Baked Apples Recipe | Slow Cooked Baked Apples
- 2 Apples
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Black Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Step By Step Instructions for Baked Apples Recipe | Slow Cooked Baked Apples
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, black raisins and walnuts until well mixed.1/2 Cup Rolled Oats, 2 Tbsp Black Raisins, 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder, 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Cut a half inch or so off the top of the apples. Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the core of each apple, leaving the bottom intact. Stuff the oats mixture into the cavity of each apple and put one butter cube and some nuts on top.1 Tablespoon Butter, 2 Apples
- Place the apples in a crock-pot or baking tray. Pour 1 cup of water into the crock-pot, around the apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C or 370 F for 45mins to an hour.
- Baked Apples are ready. Serve them with a scoop of ice cream or low fat frozen vanilla yogurt.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.