Atta Biscuits are light and buttery cookies made from whole wheat flour. They are flavored with cinnamon powder and vanilla essence.
These biscuits are quite healthy since they are made of whole wheat flour. This is an eggless recipe for Atta Biscuits.
Atta Cookies can be served as a light snack along with tea, coffee or milk. These are also a good option for a quick breakfast if you are short on time and can also be packed in lunchbox for kids.
This recipe was submitted by Reema Goyal as part of our Eggless Baking Recipe Contest.
To make Atta Biscuits at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Atta Biscuits Recipe | Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Cookies
Ingredients For Atta Biscuits Recipe | Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Cookies
- 1.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Curd
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
Step By Step Instructions for Atta Biscuits Recipe | Eggless Whole Wheat Flour Cookies
- Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.1.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour, 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda, 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Add unsalted butter to the mixture and mix the ingredients.1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- Add cardamom powder, vanilla essence and powdered sugar to the mixture.1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder, 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Add milk and curd slowly and mix everything well. Knead gently to make a hard dough.2 Tablespoons Milk, 2 Tablespoons Curd
- Refrigerate the dough for around 30 minutes.
- Flatten out the dough using a rolling pin to make it ~1 inch thick.
- Cut the dough in any desired shape using knife or cookie cutter. Place them on a prepared baking tray by coated with butter.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 180 C or 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack. Atta Biscuits are ready.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.