Caesar Salad is a fresh green salad made of lettuce leaves, crispy bread croutons, parmesan cheese and a flavorful caesar dressing.
This salad is an international favorite and its dressing is typically made of lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
We skip adding the Worcestershire sauce in the vegetarian version of Caesar salad, which instead derives its rich flavor mainly from a creamy dressing of eggless mayonnaise, olive oil, sauces and a mix of spices.
In its traditional form, Caesar salad is typically made with romaine lettuce leaves, but you can use iceberg lettuce or other types of lettuce available to you as well.
Romaine Lettuce leaves have this crisp quality which makes them an excellent choice for a crunchy caesar salad. You can also add other leafy vegetables like kale to this salad to enhance the nutrition.
Caesar Salad is very comforting and what can be better than eating something tasty and soothing with very less calories and high on vitamins and other micro nutrients.
To make Caesar Salad at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Vegetable Slaw
- Spinach Apple Pecan Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Russian Salad
- Kachumber Salad
- Grated Radish & Tomato Salad
Caesar Salad Recipe | Vegetarian Caesar Salad
Ingredients For Caesar Salad Recipe | Vegetarian Caesar Salad
- 1 Heart Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Cups Bread Croutons
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Caesar Salad Recipe | Vegetarian Caesar Salad
- Grind garlic cloves in a grinder or food processor.2-3 Garlic Cloves
- Add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard, 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Also add grated parmesan cheese along with salt & pepper.1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- Mix everything well in the food processor to make a smooth paste.
- Wash the lettuce thoroughly and roughly tear the leaves into 1-2 inch squares with hands.1 Heart Romaine Lettuce
- Combine the lettuce, croutons and dressing in a mixing bowl.2 Cups Bread Croutons
- Sprinkle some more grated parmesan cheese on the top and serve immediately.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.