Masala Corn is a healthy, quick and easy to prepare snack. It is made from boiled Sweet Corn kernels by adding butter, lemon juice and a few spices.
The snack is loved by children as well as adults and is also more healthy and nutritious than fast foods and cookies. You can reduce the quantity of butter or not add it at all if you want to reduce the calories even further.
Masala Corn is a very popular snack in India and is served in stalls along roads and around eateries in various parts of the country. This snack is also a good way to satisfy night time food cravings.
Masala Corn is usually prepared by removing the kernels from fresh corn on the cob. However, it is a slightly more time consuming process, so I have used frozen corn kernels in this recipe, which are available for sale at almost all grocery stores.
To make Masala Corn at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Masala Corn Recipe
Ingredients For Masala Corn Recipe
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 Teaspoon Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 4-5 Sprigs of Coriander Leaves
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
Step By Step Instructions for Masala Corn Recipe
- Rinse the corn kernels in water. If you are using fresh corn on the cob, separate the kernels from the corn so you get around 1 cup of kernels. Boil the corn kernels in water for 6-7 minutes or until they become soft. You can also microwave them for 2-3 minutes instead.1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- Drain the water from the corn. Then melt some butter in a pan.2 Teaspoon Butter
- Add the boiled corn kernels to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat till the butter is melted.
- Transfer the buttered corn to a mixing bowl and add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, chaat masala and salt to the corn.1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- Add a few finely chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle some lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well.2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, 4-5 Sprigs of Coriander Leaves
- Masala Corn is ready. Serve it when it is warm. You can also prepare this recipe in advance and reheat it slightly at the time of serving.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
4 thoughts on “Masala Corn Recipe | Spicy Buttered Sweet Corn”
I prepared style of corn as per ur instructions..we loved the taste..yummy
Thanks Ganesh, so glad to hear that it came out well. Please do give other recipes also a try and let me know how it goes 🙂
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Masala corn is such a wonderful snack to munch on. The butter, lemon juice and spices work wonders to this humble corn. Moreover this is so filling and nutritious too.
Completely agree! Amazing that such simple ingredients taste so great when mixed together.