Bhel Puri is a very popular Indian Street Food and is one of my favorite snacks. Its quick & easy to make and a delight to eat.
However, I often run out of the green and tamarind chutneys at home. On such occasions, I make Bhel Puri using Tomato Ketchup instead, which creates the perfect balance of sweet, spicy & tangy flavors.
I also add a spicy namkeen mixture to the bhel to give it more flavor as well as crunchiness.
This quick bhel puri recipe is perfect when you are out of chutneys but craving a spicy & delicious bhel. It’s a great option to make when you are short on time or feeling lazy.
To make Bhel Puri at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Quick Bhel Puri Recipe using Tomato Ketchup
Ingredients For Quick Bhel Puri Recipe using Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Cup Murmura (Puffed Rice)
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 3 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Spicy Namkeen Mixture
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to Taste
Step By Step Instructions for Quick Bhel Puri Recipe using Tomato Ketchup
- Add murmura or puffed rice to a big bowl along with finely chopped onion and tomato.
- Add any Spicy Namkeen mixture. I use Mastana Mix from Mirch Masala here. I have also had great results with Malwa Mix from Mirch Masala, Haldiram's Navratan Mix and even Bhujiya Sev. You can use any spicy mixture that is available to you or simply add sev.
- Add red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt to taste.
- Finally add tomato ketchup and sprinkle some lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and serve immediately. Do not wait too long after adding the ketchup/chutneys, otherwise it will become soggy.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.