Street Style Maggi Noodles are a spicy version of the normal maggi masala, made by tossing maggi noodles in a spicy onion tomato masala along with some spices.
Maggi noodles are a favorite snack of kids and adults alike. They are easy to make and a lot of fun to eat. There are many variations of it that can be made and enjoyed with family.
To give an interesting twist to Maggi Noodles you can make them in Indian style onion tomato masala. This adds tanginess and more substance to the noodles.
This tangy and spicy version of maggi noodles are often sold on street side vendors in India and are a favorite snack of students and working professionals.
Maggi is often considered unhealthy, since it is made of maida and has no nutritional value. However, it is an irresistible snack that is still often enjoyed in almost every home.
To enjoy a guilt free maggi, you can add various vegetables like peas, capsicum, potatoes and carrots to this recipe to increase the nutritional value of the dish.
To make Street Style Maggi Noodles at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Street Style Maggi Noodles Recipe
Ingredients For Street Style Maggi Noodles Recipe
- 2 Maggi Packets
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Medium Sized Tomato
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Sprigs Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
- 1 Teaspoon Rai (Black Mustard Seeds)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 2 Teaspoon Cooking Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Street Style Maggi Noodles Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and add rai (black mustard seeds) to it.1 Teaspoon Rai (Black Mustard Seeds)
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add finely chopped onions to the pan. Sauté till they turn golden brown or translucent.1 Small Onion
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes. Fry till the tomatoes are soft.1 Medium Sized Tomato
- When the tomatoes are cooked add salt, red chilli powder and chaat masala.1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to Taste, 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Also add maggi tastemaker masala to the pan.
- Roast the masala for a minute.
- Then add 2 cups of water and add the maggi noodles.
- Cook the maggi noodles on medium flame stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat after 3-4 minutes when the water is dried up and the noodles are cooked.
- Sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Street style maggi is ready. Serve it hot.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.