Coriander Tomato Chutney or Green Chutney is a simple and delicious chutney made with tomato, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and spices.
It is a tangy and refreshing condiment which is extremely versatile and goes with nearly everything from samosas to parathas, pulaos or biryanis.
It is also widely used as a spread in sandwiches, paratha rolls, vada pavs and burgers.
If stored properly this chutney will stay fresh for 3-5 days. To store the chutney for a longer period of time, you can freeze it in tray and then store the frozen cubes in a ziplock bag. You can melt and use the cubes for a few weeks.
To make Coriander Tomato Chutney at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Mint Chutney
- Mint Coriander Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
- Dry Garlic Chutney
- Tomato Garlic Chutney
- Coconut Chutney
Suggested recipe collections :
Coriander Tomato Chutney Recipe | Green Chutney
Ingredients For Coriander Tomato Chutney Recipe | Green Chutney
- 250 gm Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- ~1 Inch Inch Piece of Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder optional
Step By Step Instructions for Coriander Tomato Chutney Recipe | Green Chutney
- Chop the tomatoes and grind them to a smooth paste in a grinder / blender.2 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- Wash the coriander leaves. Remove around 2-3 inch from the edge of the stem. Add the rest of the leaves to the blender.250 gm Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- Add green chillies, ginger and garlic to the coriander leaves.2-3 Green Chillies, 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, ~1 Inch Inch Piece of Ginger
- Also add cumin seeds, amchur (dry mango powder), red chilli powder (optional) and salt. You can replace amchur with chaat masala as well.1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera), 1/2 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder), 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste. Coriander tomato chutney is ready. Store it in the refrigerator in a clean airtight container.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.