Dry Garlic Chutney is a powdery spread made by grinding dry roasted garlic along with grated coconut and a generous dose of chilli.
This is spicy pungent chutney that is widely used in various dishes across India, specially in Maharashtra and other western parts of India.
It is an absolute must have for Vada Pavs, so much so that it is often known as Vada Pav Chutney.
However, it tastes great with a lot of other foods as well and can also be used as a spicy & delicious spread for sandwiches, wraps and even dosas.
You can store this chutney for 1-2 weeks. After making the chutney, let it cool down completely. Then store in the freezer in an airtight container.
To make Dry Garlic Chutney at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Tomato Garlic Chutney
- Coconut Chutney
- Coriander Chutney
- Mint Chutney
- Mint Coriander Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
Suggested recipe collections :
Dry Garlic Chutney Recipe | Vada Pav Chutney
Ingredients For Dry Garlic Chutney Recipe | Vada Pav Chutney
- 10-15 Cloves of Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Dry Grated Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Dry Garlic Chutney Recipe | Vada Pav Chutney
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and roast garlic cloves for around 1 minute till they turn golden brown.10-15 Cloves of Garlic
- Add dry grated coconut to the pan.3/4 Cup Dry Grated Coconut
- Roast it till the coconut turns light brown. Let this mixture cool for a while.
- Transfer the garlic and coconut to a mixer or food processor. Also add red chilli powder and salt and grind the mixture till it is smooth.1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Dry garlic chutney is ready. Use it as a spread on vada pavs, sandwiches & wraps. Dry it completely and store in the freezer in an airtight container for later use.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.