Veg fried rice is made by stir frying rice along with finely chopped vegetables and Chinese sauces. Fried Rice is a fixed feature in most Indo-Chinese meals.
To make Veg Fried Rice at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
- Rice Recipes | A Collection of 18 Veg Rice Recipes
- Indo Chinese Recipes | 9 Veg Indian Chinese Dishes
Category: Main Course
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Veg Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 Cup Rice (Long Grained)
- 1/2 Cup Spring Onion Whites, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum/ Bell Peppers (Green/ Red/ Yellow)
- 1/4 Cup Matar/ Peas
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, minced (3-4 cloves)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons
Step By Step Instructions for Veg Fried Rice Recipe
Soak 1 cup rice in water for 15-20 minutes.
Boil rice in around 2 cups of water along with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp salt. Cook them in an open container without covering them. The rice should not be overcooked.
Once cooked spread the rice out to separate the grains and let them cool down. You can also run them gently under cool water in a colander to stop the cooking process.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the minced garlic and ginger.
Add the Spring Onions, Carrots, Cabbage, Capsicum and Peas and stir fry them on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep tossing & stirring the vegetables continuously. The vegetables should be cooked but still retain their crunchiness.
Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar along with salt, pepper & red chilli powder. Be careful while adding salt, as soy sauce has salt in it.
Now add the cooked rice and mix well to coat the rice with the sauces & veggies.
Vegetable Fried Rice is ready. Serve it hot garnished with some fresh coriander leaves.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.