Mint coriander chutney is delicious spicy & refreshing condiment prepared from fresh mint leaves (pudina) and coriander leaves (dhania) flavored with ginger, green chillies and garlic.
Come summers and Indian households start looking for something cool and refreshing. The herb mint goes perfectly well with coriander to make a sparkling green refreshing chutney.
Main Ingredients and variations
Apart from fresh mint and coriander leaves, this chutney makes liberal use of green chillies, ginger and garlic for sharpness. Lemon is added to give it a slight tanginess and balance the flavors.
There are many variations in the preparation of this chutney. You can some curd for a tangier and milder taste as well as for a smoother texture. Ground coconut can also make a good base for this chutney.
How to use mint coriander chutney?
This chutney is also a great condiment to spread on sandwiches, kathi rolls and wraps, and greatly enhances their flavor.
The freshly grounded mint coriander chutney can not only ignite your taste buds, but is highly digestive and can even cure some minor tummy issues apart from keeping you cool.
The chutney is low in fat, full of vitamins and flavonoids found in green leafy vegetables. It’s a great companion to heavy food like parathas and samosas as it helps digest them quickly.
Mint coriander chutney tastes best when it’s fresh, however it can be stored in fridge for later use for about 4-5 days time.
Always store the chutney in a clean dry container for the longest storage. You can also freeze this chutney as ice cubes and use it for over a month.
To make Mint Coriander Chutney at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Mint Chutney
- Coriander Tomato Chutney
- Coconut Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
- Tomato Garlic Chutney
- Dry Garlic Chutney
Suggested recipe collections :
Mint Coriander Chutney Recipe
Ingredients For Mint Coriander Chutney Recipe
- 1.5 Cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1.5 Cup Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- ~1 Inch Piece of Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
Step By Step Instructions for Mint Coriander Chutney Recipe
- Prepare all the ingredients. Wash and trim the thick ends of coriander leaves. Wash the mint leaves and pick them from their stems. Peel the ginger and garlic.1.5 Cup Mint Leaves (Pudina), 1.5 Cup Coriander Leaves (Dhania), ~1 Inch Piece of Ginger, 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- Combine the mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic in a blender and lightly pulse them.
- Add cumin powder, kala namak (rock salt), chaat masala and lemon juice along with some water. You can also use amchur (dry mango powder) instead of chaat masala.1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera), 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak), 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Blend the ingredients together till they form a smooth paste.
- Mint Coriander Chutney is ready. You can store it in the refrigerator in a clean airtight container for upto a week.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.