Mayonnaise sandwich is a light, crunchy and delicious sandwich made with a lightly seasoned filling of vegetables mixed with mayonnaise.
These sandwiches are very commonly served at cafes, restaurants & fast food outlets in India under different names. You can find them both as cold sandwiches or toasted ones in most eateries.
The stuffing for these sandwiches also varies a lot. I have used onion, capsicum, carrot and cabbage for the filling, but you can also add other vegetables like sweet corn, cucumber or tomatoes.
These sandwiches are liked by kids & adults alike and are really quick and easy to make. They are a great option for a small snack when short on time.
The super delicious and creamy mayonnaise sandwich is perfect for breakfast, to pack in lunch box and can even be had for an outing or a light dinner.
To make mayonnaise sandwich at home, follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Tomato Cucumber Sandwich
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Besan Toast
- Aloo Bread Pakora
- Bread Rolls
- Eggless French Toast
Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe | Veg Mayo Sandwich
Ingredients For Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe | Veg Mayo Sandwich
- 12 Slices of Bread
- 1 Cup Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum (Bell Pepper)
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala or Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
Step By Step Instructions for Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe | Veg Mayo Sandwich
- Combine finely chopped onion, capsicum, carrots and cabbage in a mixing bowl.1/2 Cup Carrots, 1/4 Cup Capsicum (Bell Pepper), 1/4 Cup Onion, 1 Cup Cabbage
- Add mayonnaise to the chopped vegetables.4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Season black pepper, chaat masala or amchur (dry mango powder) and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make the filling.
- Spread some butter on one side of a bread. You can cut off the edges of the bread if you want.
- Spread out a large spoon of the filling evenly on the bread and close with a second piece of bread to make a sandwich.
- Lightly butter or oil the bread from outside and place on a grill, sandwich maker or pan.
- Toast the bread till both sides are lightly brown and crispy.
- Mayonnaise sandwiches are ready. Serve them hot on their own or with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.