Bread Rolls are made by stuffing bread with a spiced potato mixture and then deep frying the rolls till they are crispy and crunchy.
The preparation of stuffing is extremely simple and involves mixing up the ingredients like boiled or steamed potatoes, garam masala, optional steamed peas and other basic spices.
The stuffing for bread rolls can be of different types and can be made from potato, mixed vegetables or paneer (Indian cottage cheese). Bread rolls with a stuffing of potato are the simplest and most common variety.
The stuffing is then placed on the bread slice which is then rolled in an oval shape. The stuffed bread rolls are then deep fried in vegetable oil in a fry pan till their color appears golden brown.
Bread Rolls are an easy to make snack which apart from being crunchy and delicious, can also serve as a good party snack. Deep fried bread with potato filling makes for a very delicious and mouth watering snack which can go very well with tea or can serve as light refreshment.
It is the perfect snack for winters or during rainy days. Bread potato rolls are crunchy outside while they are spicy and soft from inside.
To make Bread Rolls at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Bread Rolls Recipe | Stuffed Potato Bread Rolls
Ingredients For Bread Rolls Recipe | Stuffed Potato Bread Rolls
- 9 Slices of Bread
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Oil for Frying
Step By Step Instructions for Bread Rolls Recipe | Stuffed Potato Bread Rolls
- Boil the potatoes and peel off the skin. Mash them coarsely.3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- Add Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin Powder, Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) and Salt and mix everything well.1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala, 1/2 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder), 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Mix all the spices with the potatoes.
- Take a slice of bread and soak it in water for a few seconds. Then squeeze with your hand to remove the excess water. If you want, you can remove the edges of the bread, but I personally like to keep them as they make the rolls more crunchy.
- Scoop a small amount of potato filling and place it on the bread slice.
- Fold the bread diagonally around the potato stuffing.
- Seal all the edges by pressing gently to make a bullet shaped roll.
- Heat oil in a wok and gently place all the rolls into the oil.
- Fry the bread rolls on medium heat till they are golden brown and crispy and evenly cooked on all sides.
- Bread Rolls is ready. Serve them hot with Coriander Chutney, Tamarind Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.