Bhindi Ki Sabzi or Stir Fried Okra Curry is a very popular vegetable in its own right as well as a awesome side dish. This sabzi is very simple and quick to cook.
It is prepared from freshly chopped and preferably young and fresh Bhindi and sautéed along with spices which enhance its taste. This recipe contains no onion or garlic. Bhindi is very common dish in Indian market and often packed in tiffins for a good afternoon meals.
Bhindi Ki Sabzi as a side dish is many times accompanied with Dal or Raita and can be had with Roti, Phulkas, Rice or Parathas. This preparation of Stire Fried Okra is simple, crispy and delicious.
Bhindi also known as okra or lady finger is a spike shaped green fibrous pod. It is rich in dietary fibre, vitamin C and vitamin K, with moderate contents of thiamine, folate and magnesium.
It is also believed to be beneficial for sugar control in diabetics and is also believed to have anti stress properties.
To make Bhindi Ki Sabzi at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Bhindi Do Pyaza – okra & onion curry
- Bharwa Bhindi – stuffed masala okra
- Aloo Bhindi – okra & potato curry
- Kurkuri Bhindi – fried crunchy okra
- Bhindi Masala – okra in onion tomato gravy
- Tindora Fry – sliced tindora fried with seasonings
- Arbi Ki Sabji – stir fried taro root
Suggested recipe collections :
- Indian Curry Recipes | List of 32 Indian Vegetarian Gravies
- Indian Sabzi Recipes | 20 Dry Vegetables | Sookhi Sabji
Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe | Stir Fried Okra Curry
Ingredients For Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe | Stir Fried Okra Curry
- 500 gm Bhindi (Okra)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe | Stir Fried Okra Curry
- Wash and thoroughly dry all the okras. Remove the top and bottom parts and slice them lengthwise into 2 parts.500 gm Bhindi (Okra)
- Heat some oil in a pan and add cumin seeds (jeera) in it. Fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds till they start to splutter.2 Tablespoon Oil, 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Also add heeng (asafoetida) and turmeric powder (haldi).1/4 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng), 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Immediately add the sliced bhindis in the pan.
- Add fennel seeds (saunf) and salt to the bhindi and mix well.1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (Saunf), 1 Teaspoon Salt, or as per taste
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the bhindi for 5 minutes on minimum heat stirring occasionally.
- Add red chilli powder and coriander powder (dhaniya powder) to the pan. Mix and let it cook without covering for 1-2 minutes stirring in between.1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1.5 Teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- Bhindi Ki Sabzi is ready. Serve it hot with roti or paratha.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.