Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a savory sandwich made using fresh vegetables and paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and flavored with spices.
This is a sweet and spicy sandwich with filling of cabbage, carrot, onion, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), mayonnaise and mozzarella cheese.
You can also add capsicum, beetroot or cauliflower to the filling. If you do not have mayonnaise available at home you can use hung curd (curd with water removed by hanging it in a cloth for 3-4 hours) or even cream.
These sandwiches are not only delicious but are also the quickest and easiest meals to prepare. I have made the sandwiches on a tawa (pan), but you can also make them in a sandwich maker or grill.
This Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe is quite healthy as it is loaded with vegetables and paneer. This sandwich is loved by kids and is a great way to include veggies in their diet.
Veg grilled cheese sandwiches taste heavenly when served hot along with some tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.
To make Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwiches at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients For Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 8 Slices of Bread
- 1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Shredded/ Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Onions, finely chopped
- 50 gm Grated Paneer/ Indian Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoon Eggless Mayonnaise /Hung Curd
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Amchur/ Mango Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Ghee
Step By Step Instructions for Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Shred and grate cabbage, carrot and paneer (cottage cheese). Finely chop the onions. Add them in a vessel along with grated mozzarella cheese. You can use any other variety of cheese if you like.1 Cup Shredded Cabbage, 1/2 Cup Shredded/ Grated Carrots, 50 gm Grated Paneer/ Indian Cottage Cheese, 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 1/2 Cup Onions, finely chopped
- Then add mayonnaise, black pepper powder, amchur (mango powder), sugar and salt. You may not need to add any sugar if the mayonnaise you are using already contains sugar. You can also use chaat masala instead of the amchur powder.2 Tablespoon Eggless Mayonnaise /Hung Curd, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1 Teaspoon Amchur/ Mango Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar, 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together. Do not leave out this mixture for too long after adding the spices, otherwise the vegetables will start to leave water.
- Spread out the filling evenly on a slice of bread. Cover it with another slice of bread and press gently to bind the bread slices together. You can also spread a layer of coriander chutney for some extra flavor if you want.
- Heat a tawa (girdle) or a pan and spread some butter, ghee or oil on it. Place the sandwich on the tawa on a low-medium heat setting for a minute till the lower side turns golden brown and crisp.
- Then flip the sandwich and repeat for the other side till both the sides are cooked.
- Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are ready. Serve them with Tomato Ketchup or Coriander Chutney.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.