Tomato Cucumber Sandwich is one of the easiest and quickest sandwich recipe to make. This simple sandwich recipe needs minimal ingredients and is healthy and filling.
The seasoning in this sandwich is kept light so that one does not lose the natural flavor, tanginess and taste of tomato and cucumber.
Tomato cucumber sandwich can be made for breakfast or as snacks. You can pack these sandwiches in a tiffin box for school going children or in a foil while traveling or going to a picnic.
Though these Sandwiches taste delicious on their own, you can also can serve them with Coriander Chutney or with tomato ketchup. They can also be accompanied with potato chips or french fries.
The sandwiches are many times toasted/grilled and served hot and are very crunchy and inviting, but you can have tomato cucumber sandwich without toasting as well if using fresh bread.
Tomato cucumber sandwiches take very less time for preparing but taste great. You can serve them as tea time snacks, or even as finger food for small gatherings.
To make Tomato Cucumber Sandwich at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Mayonnaise Sandwich
- Yogurt Sandwich
- Besan Toast
- Aloo Bread Pakora
- Veggie Burger
- Eggless French Toast
Tomato Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients For Tomato Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
- 8 Slices Bread
- 2 Cucumbers (Kheera)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Tomato Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
- Take 2 slices of bread and optionally remove the side parts. Spread butter on inward side of both slices.
- Peel & slice the cucumber into very thin discs and spread them evenly over one side of the bread slice.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes as well and place them on top of the cucumber.
- Sprinkle some salt & pepper over both the slices as per your taste.
- Place the second on top of the first and press them together very gently. Although this sandwich tastes good when cold, you can also heat it on a pan for a couple of minutes, specially if you using slightly older bread.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.