Eggless French Toast is made by dipping bread slices in a flavored batter and frying them, resulting in a delicious dish which is crispy on the outside & soft and moist on the inside.
A traditional French toast is made with bread dipped in a mixture of seasoned and beaten egg, often with added milk, and fried on both sides. However, if you who do not eat eggs, you can enjoy this eggless variation of French toast instead.
This eggless french toast recipe is very easy to make and tastes yummy. It is perfect for a delicious and filling breakfast. This is also famous in India by the name of Bombay Toast.
Substituting eggs for the french toast
You can make an eggless French toast by simply substituting eggs with cornstarch or custard powder. This recipe also calls for milk for making the batter, but if you want to make vegan french toast, you can use almond or soy milk instead.
Whether you desire to avoid eggs for some reasons or are simply out of eggs, the eggless french toast recipe is a simple and sumptuous alternative to the traditional french toast.
For the best flavor you can sprinkle a pinch of powdered sugar and cinnamon powder on the french toast and serve it along with some maple syrup.
Fresh fruits like banana, strawberries or blueberries can also be served on the side. You can also top the french toast with a little bit of butter and chocolate syrup.
To make Eggless French Toast at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Eggless French Toast Recipe | Vegan French Toast
Ingredients For Eggless French Toast Recipe | Vegan French Toast
- 6 Slices of Bread
- 1 Cup Regular or Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder, for sprinkling
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup, or any syrup of your choice
Step By Step Instructions for Eggless French Toast Recipe | Vegan French Toast
- In a wide mixing bowl, add corn starch, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. You can also substitute corn starch and vanilla extract with vanilla flavored custard powder.2 Tablespoons Cornstarch, 1 Tablespoon Sugar, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Add some milk to the bowl.1 Cup Regular or Almond Milk
- Mix to make a smooth batter without lumps.
- Dip the bread in the batter from both sides and let it soak up the mixture.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the bread from one side till it is golden brown.2 Tablespoons Butter
- Flip the bread and fry the other side in the same way.
- Vegan French Toast is ready. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar and cinnamon powder on the slices. Serve it hot with fresh fruits like bananas, strawberries or blueberries along with maple syrup.1/4 Teaspoon Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling, 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder, for sprinkling, 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup, or any syrup of your choice
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
2 thoughts on “Eggless French Toast Recipe | Vegan French Toast”
Is the bread made without eggs?
Hey Connie, I have used store bought white bread in this recipe which does not contain eggs. You can use any bread of your choice or make it at home.