Fruit custard is delicious dessert made by adding various mixed fruits into a sweet and creamy custard sauce.
It is a simple, tasty, and relatively healthy dessert that is loved by all and more so by the kids. It requires very less preparation & cooking time and can be made from simple ingredients.
Fruit custard is also called Fruit salad with Custard and is a sweet dish loaded with goodness & flavor of different fruits. It is a nice way to include fruits in the diet of children who are otherwise averse to eating fruits.
You can choose the flavor of custard as per your choice. My favorite flavor for this recipe is vanilla, but you can use strawberry or mango flavored custard powders as well.
You can add any fruits in the custard based on your preference and their availability. I have found that fruits like bananas, apples and grapes taste best in the custard. Oranges, pomegranate, pineapple, pears, cherries, strawberries and mangoes are also great additions.
Fruit Custard tastes best when it is cooked and served chill. It is a good accompaniment at the end of a meal and gives a nice soothing feeling.
To make Fruit Custard at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Fruit Custard Recipe
Ingredients For Fruit Custard Recipe
- 3 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Custard Powder
- 5 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Bananas chopped
- 1/2 Cup Apples chopped
- 1/2 Cup Grapes
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds (Anaar)
Step By Step Instructions for Fruit Custard Recipe
- Set aside 1/4th cup of milk. Boil the rest of milk in a pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking on the bottom.3 Cup Milk
- When the milk comes to a boil, add sugar in it.5 Tablespoon Sugar
- Add custard powder to the 1/4th cup milk.3 Tablespoon Custard Powder
- Mix it well to remove all lumps.
- Add this mixture slowly to the boiling milk. Keep stirring to ensure it does not burn from the bottom. Boil this for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir for another 2 minutes. This will prevent the custard sauce from burning. Let this cool to a room temperature. Then refrigerate for a few hours to chill.
- Chop all fruits into bite sized pieces. You can add bananas, apples, grapes, pear, cherries, strawberries, pineapples, pomegranate, mango, orange, kiwi or any other seasonal fruit of your choice.1/2 Cup Bananas, 1/2 Cup Apples, 1/2 Cup Grapes, 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds (Anaar)
- Arrange a layer of fruits in a serving bowl.
- Pour a spoonful of custard sauce on the fruits. Keep layering this way alternately with fruits and custard sauce to complete the dish.
- Garnish with chopped pieces of fresh fruit, jellies or chopped nuts like almonds or cashews. Serve the custard chilled.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.