Aamras is a one of the most popular Indian summer dessert made of sweet, juicy & ripe pureed mangoes flavored with sugar or jaggery. Mango is considered the king of fruits in India and no summer season is complete without the mention of aamras.
It is a very popular sweet dish which is normally served along with food or as a dessert all over India in the summers. It is especially popular in western states like Gujarat and Maharashtra, where it is also served along with puris.
A cup of Aamras makes a good energy booster, protects against dehydration in summers and has calming & antidepressant properties.
Though its natural taste by itself is great, some people add more flavor to it by putting some rose syrup, saffron, dry ginger powder, cardamom or dry fruits like cashews, almonds etc.
Also aamras is generally of a thick consistency, but a little water or milk can be added to make it slightly thinner and serve as a drink.
In India, various varieties of mango like alphonso, kesar, badam, bangapalli etc. are used to prepare this dish. Generally sweet, ripe and juicy varieties of mango work best for this dish. However, you can use any variety of mango that is available to you and adjust the quantity of sugar based on the sweetness of the mango.
To make Aamras at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Aamras Recipe | Sweet Pureed Mangoes
Ingredients For Aamras Recipe | Sweet Pureed Mangoes
- 2 Large Mangoes
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar or Jaggery
- 6-7 Saffron Strands
- 1/4 Teaspoon Saunth (Dry Ginger Powder)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Water or Milk as required
Step By Step Instructions for Aamras Recipe | Sweet Pureed Mangoes
- Wash and peel the mangoes and chop them. Add the chopped pieces to a blender.2 Large Mangoes
- Optionally add sugar or jaggery and 6-7 saffron strands. You can also add some cardamom powder or saunth.1 Tablespoon Sugar or Jaggery, 6-7 Saffron Strands, 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder, 1/4 Teaspoon Saunth (Dry Ginger Powder)
- Blend all the ingredients together adding a little water or milk to adjust the consistency. Aamras is ready. Refrigerate for some time and serve it chilled.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
4 thoughts on “Aamras Recipe | Sweet Pureed Mangoes”
Very nice. Thanks.
Its really mouthwatering reciepe and specially during the summers this reciepe will like by the people.