Carrot Kheer or Gajar Ki Kheer is healthy and scrumptious Indian sweet dish made by cooking carrots in milk and sugar.
This dish is a perfect comfort food, packed with all the health benefits of carrots and the goodness of milk. It is a very popular recipe for vrats (fasts) and festivals like Maha Shivaratri.
Carrot Kheer can be made all year around depending on the availability of fresh carrots, but it is more common to make it in winters.
Carrots besides from being great source of Vitamin A and good for eyesight, are also rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C and contain alkaline elements which help to purify blood and maintain healthy levels of uric acid.
Gajar Ki Kheer is a very delicious pudding and is a healthier, more easily digestible and low calorie substitute to the more popular sweet dish ‘Gajar Ka Halwa’.
To make Carrot Kheer at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Chawal Ki Kheer – rice pudding
- Gajar Halwa – carrot halwa
- Suji Ka Halwa – semolina halwa
- Aate ka Halwa – wheat flour halwa
Suggested recipe collections :
- Carrot Recipes | List of 30 Indian Gajar Recipes
- Best Holi Recipes | Holi Special Sweet, Snacks, Drinks
Carrot Kheer Recipe | Gajar Ki Kheer | Carrot Pudding
* Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for more videos.
Ingredients For Carrot Kheer Recipe | Gajar Ki Kheer | Carrot Pudding
- 7-8 Carrots
- 1 Liter Full Cream Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3-4 Elaichis (Cardamom)
- 5-6 Cashews
- 3-4 Almonds
Step By Step Instructions for Carrot Kheer Recipe | Gajar Ki Kheer | Carrot Pudding
- Wash and peel the carrots. Grate them using a hand grater or shred them in a food processor.7-8 Carrots
- Boil 1 liter full cream milk in a large vessel.1 Liter Full Cream Milk
- Then add the grated carrots to the milk and bring it to a boil once again.
- Now turn the heat to a minimum and cook this mixture till it reduces to half. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar to the mixture. Also grind the elaichis (cardamoms) and add the elaichi powder to the kheer.1/3 Cup Sugar, 3-4 Elaichis (Cardamom)
- Add the coarsely chopped almonds and cashews.3-4 Almonds, 5-6 Cashews
- Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Carrot Kheer is ready. Serve it hot or cold.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.