Suji halwa also known as rava sheera is a traditional Indian dessert made by roasting suji (semolina flour) in ghee (clarified butter) and flavored with sugar. Dry fruits are added to increase its richness and give it a slight crunch.
This delicious dessert is really easy to make and delicious in taste. It is one of the most common desserts and is made in almost every Indian home quite frequently.
Suji halwa is often cooked to offer as Prasad on festivals and in temples. Most notably, it is served along with poori and kala chana for kanjak pooja on Ashtmi or Ram Navmi.
Suji Halwa is loved by kids and adults alike. Also since it is so quick to prepare, it is one easiest desserts for making during festivals or when craving for something sweet.
To make Suji Halwa at home take a look at the video or follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Atte Ka Halwa – wheat flour halwa
- Gajar ka Halwa – carrot halwa
- Chawal Ki Kheer – rice kheer
Suji Halwa Recipe | Sooji Ka Halwa | Rava Sheera
* Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for more videos.
Ingredients For Suji Halwa Recipe | Sooji Ka Halwa | Rava Sheera
- 1 Cup Suji (Rava / Semolina)
- 3 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts
- 8-10 Almonds
Step By Step Instructions for Suji Halwa Recipe | Sooji Ka Halwa | Rava Sheera
- Put some ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and set the flame to a low-medium setting.2 Tablespoons Ghee
- Add suji (semolina) to the ghee.1 Cup Suji (Rava / Semolina)
- Mix the suji into into the ghee and keep stirring continuously. Roast the suji till it starts changing to a golden color. It will also begin to release ghee on the sides.
- After the suji is roasted, turn the heat to high and add water to it.3 Cup Water
- Stir vigorously to ensure that no lumps are formed. The water gets absorbed by the suji in just a minute.
- When the water has been absorbed, add the sugar.1 Cup Sugar
- The sugar will start to melt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle some finely chopped almonds and cashews.8-10 Cashew Nuts, 8-10 Almonds
- Mix the dry fruits well with the halwa.
- Garnish with some more dry fruits and serve the Suji Halwa hot.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.