Dates Pickle or Khajur Ka Achar is a sweet and tangy pickle made by marinating dates in spices and lemon juice.
This pickle is very unique and different from other Indian pickles, both in texture & taste. It has a chewy texture owing to the dates and a sweet and tangy flavor slightly similar to sweet lemon pickle.
Dates Pickle or Khajur Ka Achar can be served on the side of any Indian meal consisting of roti, paratha or rice.
After preparing the pickle, you need to let it marinate in the spices for 4-5 days for it to be ready. You can put it in a clean glass jar and let it sit at room temperature for 4-5 days. Toss & stir the jar occasionally, around once a day when you check on the pickle.
Dates are amazingly chewy and delicious fruits and are packed full of nutrients. They are also highly rich in fiber and when combined with various zesty Indian spices and lemon, boost your digestion.
To make Dates Pickle at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Dates Pickle Recipe | Khajur Ka Achar
Ingredients For Dates Pickle Recipe | Khajur Ka Achar
- 250 gm Khajur (Dry Dates)
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Teaspoon Kala Namak (Rock Salt)
- 1 Teaspoon Lal Mirch (Red Chilli Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1 Pinch Heeng (Asafoetida)
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Kali Mirch (Black Pepper Powder)
- 3 Cloves Elaichi (Cardamom)
- 150 ml Lemon Juice (7-8 Lemons)
Step By Step Instructions for Dates Pickle Recipe | Khajur Ka Achar
- Take the khajur (dates) and remove their seeds.250 gm Khajur (Dry Dates)
- Add salt, kala namak (rock salt), red chilli powder, haldi (turmeric powder) and heeng (asafoetida).2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/3 Teaspoon Kala Namak (Rock Salt), 1 Teaspoon Lal Mirch (Red Chilli Powder), 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric Powder), 1 Pinch Heeng (Asafoetida)
- Also add sugar, cumin seeds, ajwain (carom seeds), black pepper powder and elaichi (freshly ground).3 Tablespoon Sugar, 1 Teaspoon Jeera (Cumin Seeds), 1 Teaspoon Ajwain (Carom Seeds), 1 Teaspoon Kali Mirch (Black Pepper Powder), 3 Cloves Elaichi (Cardamom)
- Also add the lemon juice to the mixture.150 ml Lemon Juice (7-8 Lemons)
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer to a glass bottle. Store it at room temperature for 4-5 days and let the pickle marinate in the spices. Toss & stir it occasionally, around once a day. khajur ka achar is ready.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.