Onion Tomato Raita is a refreshing recipe made by combining yoghurt with tomato & onion. It is seasoned with a tempering of spices and in some parts of country with fresh curry leaves.
Raita is a generalized term in Indian cuisine which refers to side dishes made by blending curd/yoghurt with various fresh vegetables, fruits and spices.
This colorful Raita is also very cooling and refreshing. It is delicious and can be made quickly with ease. During the hot summer this onion tomato raita provides the much needed coolness & relief.
To make Onion Tomato Raita at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Onion Tomato Raita Recipe (Pyaaz Tamatar Ka Raita)
Ingredients For Onion Tomato Raita Recipe (Pyaaz Tamatar Ka Raita)
- 2 Cups Plain Curd / Yoghurt
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Onion Tomato Raita Recipe (Pyaaz Tamatar Ka Raita)
- Take plain curd (yoghurt) in a container. Add around 3/4 cups of water to get the desired consistency. Whisk till the curd is smooth.2 Cups Plain Curd / Yoghurt
- Add red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt.1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Mix all the spices well in the curd. Then add chopped onion.1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- Also add finely chopped tomatoes and mix all the ingredients well.1 Tomato, finely chopped
- Garnish with coriander or mint leaves. Serve the raita chilled along with various rice preparations or parathas.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.