Fruit Raita is a refreshing raita made with chilled fruits dipped in yogurt, flavored with salt and sugar. This along with the addition of roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder gives it an irresistibly refreshing flavor.
You can add almost any fruit that is available to you for this recipe. Fruits like banana, apples, pears, orange, grapes, cherry, strawberry, pomegranate seeds (anar dana), pineapple etc. go well with it.
This raita is very easy to make and is a great way to include fruits in your diet. Fruit raita should be served chilled and is very enjoyable in the hot summers.
It is not too sweet or salty and is somewhere in between the normally salty raitas and sweet desserts dishes. As such fruit raita is a healthy substitute for a dessert at the end of a meal.
To make Fruit Raita at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Fruit Raita Recipe
Ingredients For Fruit Raita Recipe
- 2 Cup Plain Curd (Yogurt)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder)
- 1/4 Cup Bananas chopped
- 1/4 Cup Apples chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pear chopped
- 1/4 Cups Grapes
Step By Step Instructions for Fruit Raita Recipe
- Take plain curd in a mixing bowl.2 Cup Plain Curd (Yogurt)
- Add milk in small increments. You can also use water instead of milk.1/2 Cup Milk
- Beat the curd and milk into a smooth mixture. Adjust the quantity of milk to get a thick pouring consistency.
- Now add sugar, kala namak (rock salt), kali mirch (black pepper powder), chaat masala and bhuna jeera (roasted cumin powder).1 Teaspoon Sugar, 1/2 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak), 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch), 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder)
- Add any fruits of your choice. I have added diced bananas, grapes, apples and pears. You can also add finely cut dry fruits like cashews and almonds. Fruit raita is ready. Serve it chilled.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.