Carrot Cucumber Raita or Gajar Kakdi Ka Raita is a crunchy and refreshing raita made from carrots & cucumber in a spiced yoghurt base.
Carrot Cucumber Raita is a cool and refreshing side dish. It very well accompanies the spicy dishes in the main meal.
Raita is an Indian side dish made with yogurt as the base and flavored by adding spices, herbs, vegetables, fruits etc.
Carrot Cucumber Raita is made by putting shredded cucumbers and carrots into salted and spiced yoghurt. It goes very well with parathas or with a variety of rice, pulao, biryani etc.
The addition of raw carrots & cucumber make this raita highly nutritious and rich in fiber.
There are various varieties of cucumber available in the market. I have used a variety known as Kakdi or Armenian Cucumber for this raita, which is often sold in Indian markets during the summer season. It is typically thinner, longer and less bitter than cucumber (also known as kheera). You can use either of the two in the preparation of this raita.
To make Carrot Cucumber Raita at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Carrot Cucumber Raita Recipe | Gajar Kakdi Raita
Ingredients For Carrot Cucumber Raita Recipe | Gajar Kakdi Raita
- 2 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Diced Kakdi (Armenian Cucumber) / Kheera (Cucumber)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera/ Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
Step By Step Instructions for Carrot Cucumber Raita Recipe | Gajar Kakdi Raita
- Whisk curd with 1/2 a cup of water to get the desired consistency. Add shredded carrot and shredded or finely chopped kakdi or kheera (cucumber).2 Cup Curd, 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot, 1/2 Cup Diced Kakdi (Armenian Cucumber) / Kheera (Cucumber)
- Add roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and serve the raita chilled.1 Teaspoon Jeera/ Roasted Cumin Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 3/4 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.