Lauki Raita is a healthy revitalizing Indian raita made from grated laukic(bottle gourd) immersed in a mildly spiced curd base.
Lauki Raita is a refreshing yoghurt preparation that is widely enjoyed during the summer months. It is a really easy recipe made with grated lauki added in mildly spiced yoghurt.
Lauki is a highly rich source of many minerals and vitamins. It is also very rich in fiber and combined with curd has an amazing cooling effect on the body.
A lot of kids (and some adults) may not like to eat cooked lauki. For them, this delicious crunchy raita is an excellent way to get the health benefits of lauki.
This recipe can be enjoyed chilled during summer as an accompaniment along with rotis and paranthas. It can also be served with any rice dish like pulaos.
To make Lauki Raita at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Mint Raita
- Boondi Raita
- Carrot Cucumber Raita
- Bathua/ Chenopodium Leaves Raita
- Onion Tomato Raita
- Fruit Raita
Lauki Raita Recipe | Dudhi Raita | Bottle Gourd Raita
Ingredients For Lauki Raita Recipe | Dudhi Raita | Bottle Gourd Raita
- 1 Cup Curd (Yoghurt)
- 1 Cup Grated Lauki (Bottle Gourd)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bhuna Jeera (Roasted Cumin Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Pudina (Mint Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Lauki Raita Recipe | Dudhi Raita | Bottle Gourd Raita
- Wash and peel a medium sized lauki. Grate it using a hand grater, or cut it into small pieces.1 Cup Grated Lauki (Bottle Gourd)
- Add the grated lauki to a pressure cooker along with 1/2 cup of water. Pressure cook for around 4-5 minutes, till you get one whistle. After it has cooked let it cool for a little while.
- In the meantime, whisk curd with water to get the desired consistency. Add salt, red chilli powder, dried pudina powder & cumin powder to it. Mix the cooked lauki with the curd.1 Cup Curd (Yoghurt), 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Pudina (Mint Powder), 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Bhuna Jeera (Roasted Cumin Powder)
- Lauki raita is ready. Garnish it with red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, dries pudina powder and coriander leaves. Serve chilled with roti, paratha or rice.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.