Besan Mirch is a Rajasthani speciality made by sautéing green chilies in a spiced besan (Gram Flour) mixture. When cooked in this way, the green chilies loose some of their bite and get imbibed with other tangy and spicy flavors.
Besan Ki Mirchi is mouthwateringly appetizing and greatly enhances the flavor of food. Roasted besan along with spices give this dish a very unique texture & flavor.
Besan Mirchi is really easy to make and it does not take more than 15 minutes to prepare. It stores well in the refrigerator, so you can make it once and enjoy it for 5-6 days.
Some people also like to make this dish in bharwan style, by stuffing the green chillies with the besan & spice mixture & then cooking them. This method though more time consuming, also gives great results.
Besan Ki Mirchi can be used as an accompaniment or as a pickle with any main dish combination like roti-sabzi or dal-chawal.
To make Besan Ki Mirchi at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Besan Mirch Recipe | Rajasthani Besan Ki Mirchi Recipe
Ingredients For Besan Mirch Recipe | Rajasthani Besan Ki Mirchi Recipe
- 10-12 Medium Sized Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Rai (Black Mustard Seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Besan Mirch Recipe | Rajasthani Besan Ki Mirchi Recipe
- Wash and dice the green chilies into big circular pieces. I prefer using the less spicy variety of green chilies for this recipe.10-12 Medium Sized Green Chilies
- Roast besan (gram flour) in a pan or in microwave for a few minutes. Stir occasionally till it turns light golden brown in color.1 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- Heat oil in a pan, and add rai (mustard seeds) and let them crackle. Then roast the jeera (cumin seeds). Add haldi (turmeric powder), saunf (fennel seeds), amchur (dry mango powder) and salt. Finally add in the besan and diced green chillies.1 Teaspoon Rai (Black Mustard Seeds), 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera), 1 Teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds), 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi), 1/2 Teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder), 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Saute the green chilies in the mixture for 2-3 minutes till they are cooked. Besan Ki Mirchi is ready. You can store this in the refrigerator for 5-6 days and enjoy it on the side of any meal of roti/paratha or rice.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.