Mint Raita or Pudina Raita is a refreshing and cool salted curd (yoghurt) recipe flavored with mint leaves and usual spices. This Raita tastes the best when it is served chilled.
During the hot summers Mint Raita provides the much needed coolness & relief. The mint leaves impart a unique flavor and taste to the raita.
Mint has properties of a great appetizer & cleanser. It promotes digestion and also soothes the stomach in cases of indigestion or inflammation.
You can also add small amounts of chopped vegetables like onion, tomato and cucumber as per taste. In absence of fresh mint leaves, you can also add mint paste or dried mint leaves powder.
Mint raita can also be served with Parathas for breakfast or as an accompaniment to the main meal along with any dal or Indian gravy.
To make Mint Raita at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Mint Raita Recipe | Pudina Raita
Ingredients For Mint Raita Recipe | Pudina Raita
- 2 Cups Plain Curd (Yogurt)
- 3/4 Cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- 1 Small Green Chilli
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Mint Raita Recipe | Pudina Raita
- Remove the mint leaves and coriander leaves from the stem and add them in a blender.3/4 Cup Mint Leaves (Pudina), 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- Also add green chillies, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, sugar and salt.1 Small Green Chilli, 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder), 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar, 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Add 2 tablespoons curd and blend all the ingredients to make a smooth puree.2 Cups Plain Curd (Yogurt)
- Add this puree to the remaining curd and whisk till it’s smooth and all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Mint raita is ready. Serve it chilled along with any Indian meal.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.