Sprouted Moong Dal Salad is made with sprouted green gram lentil, onion and tomatoes tossed with lemon juice & mild spices.
This is an easy recipe to prepare. Sprouts salad can be created with minimal ingredients and can be had in one or more go.
This salad can be served as a snack or light breakfast or even light lunch and is quite popular as a salad in parties. Sprouted Lentil salad can be kept in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Healthy & delicious
Sprouted Moong Dal salad is a colorful and refreshing low calorie dish packed with nutrients. Moong Dal (Green Gram Lentil) is a good source of protein and calcium and in sprouted form it is much more nutritious than the cooked versions.
It is preferable to let the sprouts germinate at home as they will be free from any preservatives. Alternatively sprouts available off the shelf in the market can also be used.
To make Sprouted Moong Dal Salad at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Sprouted Moong Dal Salad Recipe
Ingredients For Sprouted Moong Dal Salad Recipe
- 2 Cups Sprouted Moong Dal (Green Gram Lentil)
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Medium Sized Tomato
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Sprouted Moong Dal Salad Recipe
- Finely chop the onion, tomato and green chilli.1 Small Onion, 1 Medium Sized Tomato, 1 Green Chilli
- Mix it with the sprouted moong dal. In general if one cup of dry dal is soaked, it results in about 2 cup sprouts.2 Cups Sprouted Moong Dal (Green Gram Lentil)
- You can boil the moong dal in salted water for 5 minutes if you want to make it slightly softer.1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Add lemon juice, salt and red chilli powder.1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/4 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
- Mix all the ingredients well and serve chilled.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.