Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk or Potato Cauliflower and Fenugreek Leaves Curry is traditionally a Sindhi delicacy. It is a dry spiced curry made by fried potato wedges and cauliflower florets (Gobi).
A unique amalgam of flavors
The dish gets an amazing dash of flavor from the addition of fenugreek leaves (methi) and various spices. The bitter taste of methi is perfectly balanced by the tanginess of chaat masala and amchur (dry mango powder).
Also, the peels of the potatoes are not removed in this dish, which results in crispy delicious fried wedges. It is a very simple recipe and contains no onion or garlic.
Skip deep frying for a healthier version
The traditional recipe for making aloo gobi methi tuk calls for deep frying the potatoes and cauliflower florets. To make it healthier, I have just shallow fried the vegetables. You can also steam the vegetables till they are half cooked and then fry them.
The use of cauliflower enhances the nutritious value of this dish, which combined with the various health benefits of fenugreek leaves (methi) make this a great healthy option for a meal.
Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk is a very easy recipe to make and can be enjoyed along with hot roti, paratha or any other bread. You can also serve it alongside Raita and Dal.
To make Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Aloo Gobhi – cauliflower & potato curry
- Aloo Methi – potato & fenugreek leaves curry
- Aloo Patta Gobi – cabbage potato curry
- Aloo Capsicum – potato & capsicum curry
- Aloo Beans – potato & green beans curry
- Aloo Bhindi – okra & potato curry
- Methi Malai Matar – fenugreek & peas in a creamy gravy
Suggested recipe collections :
- Methi Recipes | 7 Indian Fenugreek Recipes
- Potato Recipes | 37 Veg Indian Potato Dishes | Aloo Recipes
- Indian Curry Recipes | List of 32 Indian Vegetarian Gravies
- Indian Sabzi Recipes | 20 Dry Vegetables | Sookhi Sabji
Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk Recipe | Potato Cauliflower & Fenugreek Curry
Ingredients For Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk Recipe | Potato Cauliflower & Fenugreek Curry
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Cup Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)
- 1-2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch), finely chopped
- 1/2 Inch Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
- 1 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak), or according to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk Recipe | Potato Cauliflower & Fenugreek Curry
- Thoroughly wash & slice the potatoes into wedges without removing their peel.3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- Heat some oil in a pan & shallow fry the potatoes till they turn light golden brown. Set the fried potatoes aside.2 Tablespoon Oil
- In the same pan add small cauliflower florets.1.5 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- Fry them till they start turning brown. Set these aside as well.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if required. When it gets hot, add cumin seeds & asafoetida (heeng).1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera), 1/4 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add ginger and green chillies paste.1/2 Inch Ginger, grated, 1-2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch), finely chopped
- Finely chop the fenugreek leaves (methi) and add them to the pan. Saute for a couple of minutes.1 Cup Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)
- Then add the fried potato wedges and cauliflower florets to the pan and mix them with the fenugreek leaves.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, amchur powder and rock salt and mix well to coat.1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch), 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi), 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder), 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mango Powder (Amchur), 1 Teaspoon Rock Salt (Kala Namak), or according to taste
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for around 7-8 minutes till the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked. You can add very little water also if required, but the curry should be dry in the end.
- Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk is now ready. Serve it hot with fresh chapati or paratha. You can also serve it along with some raita and dal.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.