Methi Matar Malai is a very popular North Indian recipe made with Fenugreek leaves (Methi) and Peas in a soft creamy gravy. It has a smooth and delicate texture and goes very well with both roti/parathas and rice.
This dish is also quite healthy since it is made of methi/fenugreek leaves & peas. Fenugreek leaves have amazing medicinal properties and help in reducing cholesterol and controlling diabetes.
To make Methi Matar Malai at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
Suggested Recipe Collections :
- Indian Vegetarian Curries | A collection of 28 Indian Gravy Recipes
- Dry Vegetable Recipes | 12 Indian Sabzi Recipes | Sookhi Subzi
Category: Main Course
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Methi Matar Malai Recipe
- 1 Bunch (250gm) Methi/ Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Cup Matar/Peas
- 2-3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 Cup Malai or Whipping Cream (unsweetened)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Step By Step Instructions With Photos for Methi Matar Malai Recipe
Gather all the ingredients. Chop the green chillies, ginger and methi leaves. Add water in a pot along with 1 tsp salt and boil the peas. Alternately, you can also boil the peas in a microwave oven.
Add oil in a pan and roast the cumin seeds.
When they start crackling, add finely chopped ginger and green chillies.
Then add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
Add the methi leaves and stir for 2-3 minutes.
When they start leaving water add the peas and cook it for 6-7 minutes.
Add malai and mix thoroughly.
Methi Matar Malai is ready. Serve it hot with Roti or Paratha.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.