Aloo beans or aloo phali ki sabzi is a mildly spicy curry made of french beans cooked with potatoes.
This dry mix vegetable is a quick and easy recipe which can be made when you are short of time. This recipe does not require onions or garlic, so it takes very little time to prepare.
Rich in nutrients
Beans are a rich source of protein, complex carbohydrates, folate, and iron. Beans also have significant amounts of fibre and soluble fibre which can help lower blood cholesterol.
Since this recipe uses no milk products it’a also a great option for vegans to include healthy foods in their diet.
It is a simple recipe that doesn’t require too much time to prepare. This simple stir fry recipe is healthy and goes very well in the main course along with dal and chapatis or other Indian breads.
Aloo Beans is also a filling and delicious side dish to accompany a combination of rice along with dal or sambar. Apart from these combinations, as Aloo beans is a dry vegetable, many times in the absence of dal or sambar it can nicely go along with a cooling and comforting accompaniment like raita.
To make aloo beans curry at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Aloo gobi – cauliflower & potato curry
- Aloo capsicum – bell pepper & potato curry
- Aloo patta gobi – cabbage potato curry
- Aloo bhindi – okra & potato curry
- Aloo methi – potato & fenugreek leaves curry
- Aloo tamatar – potatoes cooked in a fresh tomato gravy
- Aloo choliya – potatoes & green peas gravy
Suggested recipe collections :
- Potato Recipes | 34 Veg Indian Potato Dishes | Aloo Recipes
- Indian Curry Recipes | List of 30 Indian Vegetarian Gravies
- Indian Sabzi Recipes | 18 Dry Vegetables | Sookhi Sabji
Nutrition (per serving)
Ingredients For Aloo Beans Recipe
- 3 Large Potatoes
- 250gm French Beans
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1/3 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Step By Step Instructions With Photos for Aloo Beans Recipe
Heat some oil in a pan or kadai. Add some Cumin Seeds (Jeera) to it. Fry till they start to splutter. Also add a pinch of Asafoetida.
Add diced potatoes to the pan. Fry them for 3-4 minutes till they start to brown very slightly.
Now add chopped Green Beans to the pan.
Now add Turmeric Powder (Haldi), Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Salt.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes till the potatoes and beans are cooked. Then sprinkle Garam Masala Powder on top.
Mix everything well and cook for 2 minutes.
Aloo Beans is ready. Serve it hot with any Indian Bread like Roti or on the side of Dal Rice.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.