Kachumber Salad is a variety of salad which is essentially made from fresh chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and addition of spices like pepper, salt as per taste. Freshly chopped coriander leaves (dhania) along with fresh lemon juice are also added to make it more tangy and delectable.
In summers, Kachumber Salad provides a cooling effect when taken along with the meals. Cucumbers, which are one of the main ingredient of the salad, have high water content and thus eating them on a hot summer day can help to feel cool and stay hydrated.
A majority of Indian food is quite rich in oil and is also fried. Hence using Salad as an accompaniment to main course of meals can provide the much need balance and adequate amount of roughage, minerals and vitamins.
Kachumber salad can be easily made at home in minutes. It is also a popular salad at many Indian restaurants. This easy recipe makes a cool and colourful side dish which enhances the overall taste, feeling and completeness of the meal.
To make Kachumber Salad at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Sprouted Moong Dal Salad
- Grated Radish & Tomato Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Russian Salad
- Vegetable Slaw
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Mexican Salad
Kachumber Salad Recipe | Onion Tomato Cucumber Salad
Ingredients For Kachumber Salad Recipe | Onion Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Sized Cucumber
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
Step By Step Instructions for Kachumber Salad Recipe | Onion Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, cucumber, coriander leaves and green chilli.1 Small Onion, 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes, 1 Medium Sized Cucumber, 1 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves, 1 Green Chilli
- Add lemon juice, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt.1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak), 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- You can add a small amount of chaat masala and roasted cumin powder if you want.1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1/4 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera)
- Mix all the ingredients well and serve chilled.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.