Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is a sweet and savory sauce originating in Thailand, which is made by simmering garlic and crushed dried red chili in a sugary base.
This sauce has become one of the most popular dips in the world along with tomato ketchup and is served with a wide variety of finger foods.
We often purchase Sweet Chili Sauce in stores. But it is really easy to make this sauce at home in a clean and healthy way.
It can be made in less than 15 minutes and tastes much better than the store bought versions. The ingredients for making this sauce are also readily available in every household.
To make Thai Sweet Chili Sauce at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
Ingredients For Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1.5 Teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Step By Step Instructions for Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- Take cornstarch in a small bowl.1.5 Teaspoon Corn Starch
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of water and make a smooth paste and set it aside.
- Heat water in a pan. Add sugar in it and stir till the sugar completely dissolves in the water.2 Tablespoon Sugar, 1/3 Cup Water
- Very finely chop the garlic cloves. You can also make a paste using a mortar & pestle. Add this minced garlic to the pan along with crushed & dried red chili flakes. Also add vinegar and salt and simmer for 2-3 minutes.1 Tablespoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes, 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced, 1.5 Tablespoon Vinegar, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Add the cornstarch paste to the sauce and stir.
- You will see that the sauce starts congealing when you add cornstarch.
- Simmer for 1 minute on low flame as the sauce thickens.
- Thai sweet chili sauce is ready. Let it cool down and then refrigerate it in an airtight jar for later use. You can use it as a dip for snacks and finger foods like spring rolls and potato wedges.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.