This recipe for homemade Pizza Sauce uses just a few ingredients and is very easy to make. It is made by cooking tomato puree in an olive oil base, tempered with ginger-garlic, basil and oregano.
This sauce is generally thick and chunky in texture. The tomatoes are pureed coarsely with some bigger bits and have a thick consistency. To make a smoother sauce, you can just puree the tomatoes more finely instead.
You can use this sauce as a spread for pizzas. Apart from that you can also use it in pasta & spaghetti and various other Italian recipes.
Better than store bought pizza sauce
Pizza sauce is readily available in stores & supermarkets. However, this homemade pizza sauce is a much healthier, tastier and cheaper alternative.
There are no added preservatives and you are free to control the ingredients as per your taste. It is also really quick & easy to make and can be prepared using very few ingredients which are readily available at every home.
This sauce can be refrigerated for 4-5 days. After this you can freeze it for future use for upto a month.
For best results, you can place small quantities of it in ice trays and then pop out and store the cubes. These cubes can then be melted one at a time as required.
To make Pizza Sauce at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Homemade Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe
Ingredients For Homemade Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 3 Large Tomatoes
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger, grated
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
Step By Step Instructions for Homemade Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Add minced garlic, grated ginger and finely chopped green chillies. Saute for a minute.4-5 Garlic Cloves, minced, 1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger, grated, 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, 1-2 Green Chillies
- Make a puree of the tomatoes. You can vary the consistency as you like, you can keep it thick and chunky or make a fine paste. Add this puree to the pan and let the tomatoes cook for 3-4 minutes.3 Large Tomatoes
- Then add chopped basil leaves and finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves).1/2 Cup Basil Leaves, 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- Sprinkle some oregano, black pepper powder, red chilli powder and salt, or as per your taste.1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch), 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or Cayenne Pepper, 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Simmer on low flame for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let the sauce cool down. Then it can be used on as a spread for pizzas, or a base for pastas. Refrigerate it for 4-5 days for future use.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.