White sauce pasta is a delicious pasta dish cooked in a creamy milk based sauce along with sautéed colorful vegetables, flavored with aromatic spices and herbs.
Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. This Italian delicacy can be quickly prepared at the comfort of your home, without putting in much efforts and is as delicious as the restaurant version of the dish.
White sauce pasta is a perfect medley of aromatic flavors, colorful vegetables and a creamy pasta. Colored bell peppers and onions enhance its rich taste. The addition of garlic and a blend off Italian herbs adds to its flavor.
You can make the dish healthier by adding lots of other vegetables like broccoli, peas, olives, artichokes, spinach etc. You can also use whole wheat pasta instead of the ones made with plain flour.
What type of pasta to use?
I have used penne pasta in this dish, however you can replace it with any other pasta of your choice. As a general rule, tubed pasta like penne, rigatoni etc. or shaped & twisted pasta like rotini, fusilli, farfalle etc. go well with white sauce.
White sauce pasta is a lusciously rich & mouthwatering dish that kids love to eat. You can eat it just on its own as a meal or accompanied by a side of crusty cheesy garlic bread or tomato & basil bruschetta.
To make White Sauce Pasta at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
White Sauce Pasta Recipe
Ingredients For White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- 1 Cup Penne Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Onions
- 1/2 Cup Colored Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning or Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or according to taste
- 1/4 Cup Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Step By Step Instructions for White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Heat water in a bowl and add penne pasta to it. Add a teaspoon of oil to prevent the pasta from sticking and cover the pot.1 Cup Penne Pasta
- Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or until it's al dente i.e cooked so as to be still firm when bitten. Then drain the water and set it aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan. While the butter is melting, add the grated garlic to it and and sauté on a medium flame for less than a minute.1 Tablespoon Butter, 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Add plain flour (maida). Sauté for a while, stirring it constantly over low heat till the flour mixes well with garlic.2 Tablespoon Plain Flour (Maida)
- Add the yellow, green and red capsicum and onion pieces and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.1/2 Cup Colored Bell Peppers (Capsicum), 1/4 Cup Sliced Onions
- Then add milk and mix it well till no lumps are formed.1 Cup Milk
- Add the mixed Italian herbs like oregano, red chilli flakes, black pepper powder and salt.1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes, 1 Teaspoon Salt, or according to taste, 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning or Oregano
- Add cheese to the sauce and mix well. Stir continuously and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.1/4 Cup Cheese
- Add pasta and mix it well to coat it completely with the sauce.
- Now the tasty White Sauce Pasta is ready to be served.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
2 thoughts on “White Sauce Pasta Recipe”
I’m sorry, what kind of cheese?
You can use any kind, I generally add Cheddar.