Potato Wedges are delicious and crunchy snacks made of potatoes seasoned with herbs and spices.
Potato Wedges are a variation of french fries. The large wedges of potatoes can be either baked or fried. The baked version is much healthier than french fries since it uses very less oil in comparison.
Potato Wedges are often served in bars and fast food restaurants. They are crunchy and crispy on the outside and soft from inside and are the perfect comfort food.
I have peeled the skin of the potatoes, but potato wedges can also be made without removing the skin, just make sure to clean them thoroughly.
I love having Potato Wedges with a combination of Sweet Chili Sauce and Sour Cream. You can use also use tomato ketchup or any other dip of your choice.
To make Potato Wedges at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Potato Wedges Recipe
Ingredients For Potato Wedges Recipe
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Powder
- 2-3 Teaspoon Olive Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Potato Wedges Recipe
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes into wedges of even thickness. You can make them thin or thick as long as all the pieces are of same thickness, to ensure even cooking. Also you can make wedges without removing the skin, just be sure to scrub the potatoes clean of all dirt. Microwave the wedges for 5 minutes till they are very slightly cooked.4 Large Potatoes
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic powder.1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder, 1 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Powder
- Also add minced garlic and finely chopped coriander leaves. Add some olive oil and mix all the spices.2-3 Garlic Cloves, 1/2 Cup Coriander, 2-3 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Add the wedges to the spice mixture and fold them to coat them evenly with the oil and spices.
- Arrange them on a baking tray, ensuring that they are laid out flat separately and not on top of each other. If they are clumped together, they will become soggy and not crispy. Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 450 F or 230 F. Flip them once after 15 minutes to ensure that both the sides get cooked properly. Alternatively, you can also fry the wedges
- Potato Wedges are ready. Serve them hot with sweet chili sauce and sour cream or any other dip of your choice.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.