Corn Cutlet or corn kebab is a delicious Indian snack made by deep frying a spicy mixture of sweet corn and potatoes. Other vegetables like onions, bell peppers (capsicum), carrots, peas etc. can also be added to the cutlets to increase its nutritional value.
These Corn cutlets can be served for breakfast or as an evening snack. They also go well in parties or as a starter before the meals. Corn cutlets are favorite among all age groups.
Corn Cutlets can be served with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney or mint chutney. The corn cutlets are spicy & delicious and crispy from outside and soft from inside. This coupled with accompanying chutneys makes them mouth watering.
Corn cutlet is generally deep fried, but depending on your taste and health related concerns, they can also be shallow fried on a pan with minimal use of cooking oil. You can also bake or grill these kebabs.
Corn cutlets or corn kebabs are a good alternative to the more common potato cutlet, and a great way to make them more nutritious by adding some vegetables. If American corn is used for making the Cutlets, they may have a slight sweet taste. Indian corn on the other hand it not that sweet.
To make Corn Cutlet at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Hara Bhara Kabab
- Sabudana Vada
- Onion Pakoda
- Palak Pakoda
- Stuffed Potato Bread Rolls
- Cheese Potato Tater Tots
- Paneer Tikka
Suggested recipe collections :
Corn Cutlet Recipe | Corn Kebab | Corn & Potato Cutlets
Ingredients For Corn Cutlet Recipe | Corn Kebab | Corn & Potato Cutlets
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup chopped Onions
- 1/4 Cup chopped Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs or Panko
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Jeera)
- 1.5 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Oil for Frying
Step By Step Instructions for Corn Cutlet Recipe | Corn Kebab | Corn & Potato Cutlets
- Boil the potatoes and mash them in a mixing bowl.2 Medium Sized Potatoes
- Pressure cook or boil the corn kernels for 5 minutes or till they are cooked. You can also microwave for 2-3 minutes instead. Then coarsely grind them and add them to the bowl.1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- Add finely chopped onions, bell peppers (capsicum), green chillies and ginger-garlic paste.1/4 Cup chopped Onions, 1/4 Cup chopped Bell Pepper (Capsicum), 2 Green Chilies, 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- Then add some corn flour and breadcrumbs (or panko) to the mixture. This will help absorb the excess moisture and bind the cutlets.1 Tablespoon Corn Flour, 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs or Panko
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and salt to the bowl.1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch), 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi), 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Jeera), 1.5 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide the mixture into roughly 10 equal parts. Shape each part into a cylinder using your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cutlets into the hot oil.
- Fry on medium heat till they turn crispy and golden brown in color.
- Corn Cutlets are ready. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney or mint chutney.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
4 thoughts on “Corn Cutlet Recipe | Corn Kebab | Corn & Potato Cutlets”
Can we do the prep &keep the dough ready in fridge to fry it next day ??
Great question Kavi. Yes, that’s one of the things I do when I have family or friends visiting. I serve this quickly as an appetizer 🙂
Can we bake these instead of deep frying ? If yes what temperature and how long ?
Hey Siri, yeah you can bake them at 350F for around 25 mins.