Tater Tots are a crispy delicious snack made from grated cheese and potatoes seasoned with herbs and spices. They are generally shaped as small bite sized cylinders.
Tater tots made of potato are often sold as frozen food in many supermarkets and are also served in various fast food restaurants.
I have slightly modified the recipe by adding spring onions and shredded cheese. You can skip the cheese for a vegan version.
You can also play around with more ingredients like onions, jalapeños, chilies, coriander etc. & seasonings like oregano as per your taste.
They can be made either by frying or by baking. I generally prefer the baked version as it is healthier due to less use of oil, without any compromise on the taste or texture.
These tater tots can be enjoyed with any dipping sauce like Sweet Chili Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, Ranch Dressing or Dill Sauce.
To make Cheese & Potato Tater Tots at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Cheese & Potato Tater Tots
Ingredients For Cheese & Potato Tater Tots
- 3-4 Large Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Spring Onion Whites, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
Step By Step Instructions for Cheese & Potato Tater Tots
- Before you begin set the oven to preheat on 450 Fahrenheit or 230 Celsius. Wash and peel the potatoes. Shred them using the side of the grater with large holes.3-4 Large Potatoes
- Add finely chopped spring onions whites.1/2 Cup Spring Onion Whites, finely chopped
- Also add shredded cheddar cheese. You can also use mozzarella cheese or any other kind of cheese as well.1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
- Add salt and black pepper powder and mix all the ingredients gently. Take care not to mash the potatoes too much, as thicker shreds give a better texture to the tater tots.1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Take around 1 tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into small bite sized cylinders, roughly an inch in thickness. Arrange the tots on a baking tray ensuring that they are well separated.
- Bake the tots in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, flipping them once after 15 minutes. Cheese Potato Tater Tots are ready. Enjoy them with any dip like sweet chili sauce, ranch dressing, dill sauce or tomato ketchup.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.