Baby Corn Manchurian is a very popular vegetarian dish from Indo-Chinese cuisine which is made from deep fried Baby Corn dumplings tossed in Chinese sauces.
Indo-Chinese cuisine is considered to be an adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to appeal to Indian taste buds. It has it’s own distinct flavors but it very easy to cook once you learn a few recipes.
Baby Corn Manchurian is a very popular recipe across India. Like other varieties of Manchurian, it can be found in many Indian restaurants and is commonly served in parties.
Baby Corns are very soft, nutritious and tasty as they are taken off the maize plant early while the stalks are still small and immature.
Baby Corn Manchurian goes very well with Veg Hakka Noodles, Veg Fried Rice and Schezwan Fried Rice as a side dish and together they can serve as a complete delicious dinner. It can also be enjoyed as a snack or appetizer.
To make Baby Corn Manchurian at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Dry Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe
Ingredients For Dry Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe
For the Manchurian
- 200 gm Baby Corns
- 1/4 Cup Maida (Plain Flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Oil for Frying
Step By Step Instructions for Dry Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe
- Wash and rinse the baby corn and cut them into 2 pieces.200 gm Baby Corns
- In a large bowl, mix maida, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, soy sauce, black pepper powder and salt along with some water to make a thick batter of coating consistency.1/4 Cup Maida (Plain Flour), 2 Tablespoons Corn Flour, 1 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste, 1/2 Teaspoon Soy Sauce, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Add the baby corn in the batter and coat them completely.
- Deep fry the baby corn in hot oil till they become crispy and golden brown.
- To make the sauce, heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Add finely minced garlic, ginger, finely chopped onions and spring onions and fry till they turn translucent.1 Small Onion, 3 Spring Onions, 1 Teaspoon minced Garlic, 1 Teaspoon minced Ginger
- Now add the soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce and tomato ketchup.1/2 Tablespoon Chilli Vinegar, 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup, 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Add the fried baby corn to the sauce and toss to coat them completely.200 gm Baby Corns
- Season the baby corn with salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for a minute.1 Teaspoon Salt, or as per taste, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, or as per taste
- Baby Corn Manchurian is ready. Garnish with Spring Onion Greens and serve it hot.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.